Toggle Nav

WARNING: A Child Lost 75% of His Sight Because of This Little Household Toy

Australian health officials have issued a warning for parents around the world - laser pointers are not toys.

A Tasmanian teenager lost 75 percent of his vision after shining a laser pointer in his eyes, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports.

Optometrists are now warning parents of the dangers associated with a small device that may be considered as just a toy.

The 14-year-old's family physician called optometrist Ben Armitage to investigate why the boy was having trouble with his vision, and it quickly became clear.

Armitage stated: 'He came in to see me and on the Friday night he'd got a hold of a laser pen and unfortunately shined it in his eyes for a very brief period of time.'

The optometrist photographed the teenager's eyes and found that he had burned his retinas, which permanently damaged the back of his eyes.

The boy lost 75 percent of his vision after shining the laser in his eyes

f89277cc-3fdf-4f7e-9aa6-2b22a6432770.png

aa77bfaf-e24e-462a-8862-2c5e21738e69.png

Comment this article